MGLC Švicarija, a creative and residential centre, in collaboration with the Igor Zabel Association for Culture and Theory, both based in Ljubljana, Slovenia, invites art critics and cultural journalists to apply for a fully funded, one-month residency in Ljubljana during October 2024.
The overall aim of the international residency programme is to support the exploration and reflection on contemporary visual art. The organisers welcome art writers who wish to engage with and reflect on the local art scene and will focus their interest on either (applicant has to choose one option):
- Ljubljana’s vibrant art scene (artists and art communities, art and cultural institutions, art events).
- 70 years of the Ljubljana Biennale of Graphic Arts (research of the various aspects of the Biennale from its beginning in 1955 to nowadays).
The aim is to host an art historian, art critic or cultural journalist active in writing and publishing reviews and/or other forms of art writing in the international context. Applications are invited from art critics and cultural journalist from international milieu (applicants from Slovenia are not eligible).
The organisers offer:
- Free accommodation in a fully equipped studio apartment at the MGLC Švicarija creative and residential centre.
- Reimbursement of travel expenses to and from Ljubljana (up to €500 from European countries, up to €900 from non-European countries).
- Stipend for living expenses (approx. €1350 per month gross / €45 gross per day).
- Support in getting to know the local art scene.