The EU – West Africa Arts Fusion Residency & Expo 2024 is designed to illuminate the world with the power of artistic fusion in the heart of West Africa, where numerous cultures merge.
This event will gather artists and creatives from Ghana, Togo, Benin, and EU Member States together to stimulate cross-continental collaboration and cultural interaction.
Selected artists will embark on a residency project in Ghana (near Accra, on the coast) culminating in a closing event at the residence of the EU Ambassador in Ghana, H.E. Irchad Razaaly in Accra. The artist residency is scheduled to take place from 10-19 February 2024.
- There are three categories for applications: fashion, music and visual arts.
- Artists need to be of the following nationalities: Ghanaian, Togolese, Beninoise, national of one of the 27 EU Member States.
- In addition, nationals of Ghana, Togo and Benin should be able to prove they reside in one of these three countries: Ghana, Togo and Benin.
- Nationals of the EU Member States need to reside either in one of the 27 EU Member States, or in Ghana, Togo or Benin.
- For the EU nationals, eligible transportation costs will include the cost of return flight fare and visa from an EU Member State (excluding overseas territories, only travel costs from the European territory of the EU is eligible) or overland fare from Benin, Togo and Ghana.
- For the Ghanaian, Togolese and Beninoise artists, eligible transportation costs will be from either Benin, or Togo or Ghana to the place of the residency in Ghana and back.
- Artists will be provided GHC 800 (~60 EUR) per diem for each day of the 9-day programme, to sustain their basic needs and pay for meals.